Frequently asked questions
Property Management Softaware (PMS) is used by vacation rental operators, hotels, and property managers across the world to help streamline their hospitality business.
There are dozens, if not hundreds, of Online Travel Agencies (OTA’s) like Airbnb, VRBO, and Booking.com that all operate independently of each other. With a PMS you can integrate all of those calenders, messagings inboxes, and pricing into one unified system. By doing so, you can easily operate all of these channels from one dashboard, rather then logging in and and out of each platform all of the time.
Here is list of common features most property management softwares offer:
- Channel Manager – connecting your calenders has never been easier.
- Unified Inbox – managing guest communication from a unified inbox makes a world of difference for your guest services team.
- Owner Statements – instantly create reports for your homeowners so they can see the past reservations, financial performance, and future bookings.
- Direct Booking Site – easily accept reservations through your very own website.
The most important aspect of any property management software is its integrates with the most common Online Travel Agencies (OTA).
In order for a PMS to be useful, it needs to be integrated with OTA’s and have a very strong API connection.
When looking for a suitable PMS, look for a company that is a “Preferred Partner” or “Elite Partner” with the OTA’s you’re most interested in.
- Integrations Marketplace – Look for a PMS with a wide-range of integrations. When scaling your hospitality business you’re going to need assistance from a lot of different softwares from accounting to pricing, guest experience to cleaner scheduling.
- Online Reviews – Check out various 3rd Party review platforms like Capterra, G2, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, and Apple Store reviews.
- Pricing – It doesn’t make sense to overpay for software, but you also don’t want to underpay. Getting pricing quotes from several different softwares and determine which is the best value.
- Funding – Look for a property management software that is well-funded. The last thing you want is to setup your hospitality business on a platform that might be out of business in a few months. Check out websites like Crunchbase or keep a pulse on corporate press releases to stay up-to-date with which softwares are getting adequate funding.
In order to use Enso Connect, hospitality professionals must have a PMS. In case you don’t have one or are using an unsupported software but wish to transition to a compatible one, we are here to assist you. Our team is dedicated to helping you find that right PMS for your business and properly link it to Enso Connect.
Feel free to reach out to our team if you’re looking for a new PMS.